01 December 2007

Before and After


(before)


(after)

sorry for the photo quality...It is actually alot cleaner now, although it is hard to tell.

And now, for a PSA:

Letterpress and Safety

I learned a valuable lesson this past week: wear gloves, either rubber of otherwise, for two reasons. The first is to avoid dingy fingers (which I now have). I had to go buy special orange pumice soap that mechanics use to get my hands clean. The second and more important reason is to avoid Tetanus. Here is my cautionary tale. I didn't wear any gloves and while cleaning and scrubbing I did manage to nick myself a few times and cut myself mediumly-bad once. Today, upon telling my dad that I had finally cleaned my (rusty) press and subsequently cut myself, he asked if I had a Tetanus shot. "Hmmm", I thought, "When was my last Tetanus shot?" Well, folks, after 20 minutes on hold with my doctor's office and a short conversation with a nice nurse, the answer is at least 17 years ago, so now I have to go get a Tetanus shot. Let that be a lesson to you. Ok, let that be two lessons to you.
  1. Wear gloves while cleaning your press
  2. Get a Tetanus shot every 7-10 years
Thank you and goodnight.

No comments: